Hurt So Good: Building the Body of the Beloved & Other Emotional Imageries with Natalie Diaz
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Organizer: Poets House
- Fee: $10; $7 for students and seniors; FREE for organization members.
- Description: Award-winning poet and former professional basketball player Natalie Diaz is the author of When My Brother Was an Aztec. She’ll discuss the relationship between breaking, creating, and love in the inspiration, construction, and revision of poetry. Presented as part of the Emerging Poets Fellowship public...
Friends of Hudson River Park's SPRING FLING
- Time: 6:30 PM
- URL: http://www.hudsonriverpark.org/springfling
- Fee: Starting at $350
- Description: Be a part of the hottest new event of spring 2015, and help preserve Manhattan's westside waterfront oasis! Friends of Hudson River Park is pleased to announce its newest fundraising event, Spring Fling, an evening of cocktails, fashion, world-renowned entertainment, and unique culinary experiences! This year's...
Celebrating Armenian Culture: Embers
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Organizer: Alwan for the Arts
- URL: http://www.alwanforthearts.org
- Fee: $10, $5
- Description: Film screening. In commemoration of the Centenary of the Armenian Genocide, Alwan for the Arts and 3rd i NY present a special series showcasing the enduring arts and culture of the Armenians, who share a collective tragedy, and who have become an integral part and...
music volunteer History river to river Teens North Africa teen programs dance theater stationary exhibit jewish heritage chamber music music science food classical nature gay workshop poetry traditional charity Children charity kids arts readings dance singing concert Sword Dance art toddlers folk september 11th all river to river family Middle East sculpture musical Computer knitting Babies computers Jam Session theater film crochet chinese tech other library play group lecture Walking Tour holiday small business movies sports talks-readings crafts tours media talks