Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
- Time: 6:15 PM
- Organizer: New York Public Library
- URL: http://www.nypl.org
- Fee: Free
- Description: In her long-awaited new book, seven years in the making, Laura Hillenbrand writes with the same rich and vivid narrative voice she displayed in her blockbuster bestseller, Seabiscuit. Telling an unforgettable story of a man’s journey into extremity, Unbroken is a testament to the resilience...
The Knights with Bela Fleck
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Organizer: Pace University
- URL: http://www.pace.edu/schimmel
- Fee: $59, $49, $39
- Description: New York City's innovative chamber orchestra, known for transforming the concert experience and driven by an open-minded spirit of camaraderie, The Knights' innovative programming and outstanding virtuosity, will bring you to your feet with delight. Schimmel Center for the Arts, 3 Spruce Street.
A Conversation with Albert Gallatin
- Time: 5:30 PM
- Organizer: Museum of American Finance
- URL: http://www.moaf.org
- Fee: $15
- Description: If one thinks of Albert Gallatin at all, it may be with the vague sense that he had something to do with finance, and this is true. Thirteen years as the nation's longest-serving Secretary of the Treasury is certainly not an insignificant achievement. Yet Gallatin's...
theater volunteer arts charity stationary chinese traditional poetry exhibit other all river to river readings musical folk knitting family computers Middle East film lecture science Children small business nature gay tech media sports sculpture Walking Tour talks-readings chamber music river to river workshop talks movies singing Jam Session teen programs classical theater Babies dance food holiday music dance jewish heritage North Africa library play group Sword Dance toddlers crafts crochet art History music concert kids september 11th Computer charity Teens tours