7th Annual Governors Island Art Fair
- Time: 11:00 AM
- Organizer: Governors Island Preservation and Education Corporation
- URL: http://www.govisland.com
- Fee: Free
- Description: Indulge your curiosity by exploring the abandoned military barracks of Governors Island Art Fair, 100 rooms of painting, photography, sculpture, installation, video and sound art. Run by artists, for artists, New York's largest independent exhibition enters its 7th year this fall. Once again GIAF organizers,...
Old Seaport Street Fest
- Time: 12:00 PM
- Organizer: Old Seaport Alliance
- URL: http://www.southstreetseaport.com
- Fee: Free
- Description: Outdoor festival featuring live music, art performances, family fun, tasty morsels, yoga and more. At Peck Slip Plaza.
Apples and Honey in the Big Apple with the Mama Doni Band
- Time: 2:00 PM
- Organizer: Museum of Jewish Heritage- A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
- URL: http://www.mjhnyc.org/calendar.html#mamadoni
- Fee: $10, $7 children 10 and under; Members special: Members pay $7 and bring up to 3 children for free
- Description: 1 P.M.-4 P.M. Craft Activities 1:30 P.M. Family Mini Tour 2 P.M. Concert Celebrate the Jewish New Year with Mama Doni at this high-energy performance. Kids, parents, and grandparents are invited to dance and sing along. For ages 3 to 10. $10, $7 children 10...
tech dance sculpture Middle East film charity Babies kids nature chinese concert dance chamber music musical arts music food family library singing media art charity folk volunteer exhibit History Computer holiday classical workshop Children teen programs theater science traditional Walking Tour all river to river september 11th theater knitting movies sports other Sword Dance readings tours lecture Jam Session North Africa crafts computers talks-readings small business talks music gay Teens river to river jewish heritage poetry crochet toddlers stationary play group