Downtown Connection Bus
Welcome to the Downtown Connection®, the Downtown Alliance's free bus service that connects the South Street Seaport with Battery Park City, making 37 stops at important destinations from river to river.
Seven (7) brand new state of the art buses are in service that include periphery seating for 22. All of the seven new buses are easily identified with Downtown Connection labeling and are equipped with GPS technology. The electronic “countdown clock” signs dispersed along the route provide real-time information to alert our passengers of the bus arrival.
With easy access to subway lines, bus routes and ferries, it's the most convenient way to explore Lower Manhattan's businesses, shops, restaurants, and attractions. And, since the seven buses are free, you can hop on and off as often as you'd like.
Click here to view the Downtown Connection route map
- Service is provided seven days a week, except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Daily service starts at 10 AM, and ends with a final run at 7:30 PM.
- Buses make 37 stops around the perimeter of Lower Manhattan, including a Warren/Murray Street retail loop.
- Buses come on average at 10-minute intervals on weekdays - traffic permitting - and at 15-minute intervals on weekends.
- Buses are ADA accessible.
- Lost & Found: Please call (212) 306-5656.
Global Positioning System Technology/NextBus
In an effort to make the Downtown Connection© even more useful, we have added global positioning system (GPS) technology to each shuttle bus. This technology allows riders to track the exact position of Downtown Connection buses in real time. (See map below.)
Ten NextBus LED "countdown clocks" —placed at stops along the route—tell riders precisely when the next two buses will arrive.
Riders can use smartphones or computers to determine the position of our buses. Just follow these simple directions:
Step 1. Go to www.nextbus.com/da
Step 2. Choose your stop to find out when the next bus will be arriving.
Riders can even get a text message alert announcing when a bus is minutes away!
If you do not see buses on the map, it is most likely because there are no buses running at that time.