Downtown Connection Bus
Welcome to our free bus service connecting South Street Seaport to Battery Park City with 38 destination stops from river to river.
Seven (7) state of the art buses offering free service, each with periphery seating for 22 passengers. All buses are easily identifiable with the red color, Downtown Connection® brand, and GPS technology. The countdown clocks dispersed along the route provide real-time arrival alerts.
With easy access to subway lines, bus routes and ferries, it's the most convenient way to explore Lower Manhattan's businesses, shops, restaurants, and attractions. Bus rides are free so hop on and off as often as you'd like.
- Available seven days a week, except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Daily service starts at 10 AM and ends with a final run at 7:30 PM
- 38 stops around the perimeter of Lower Manhattan, including a Warren/Murray Street loop
- Arrival times average 10-minute intervals on weekdays and at 15-minute intervals on weekends (traffic permitting)
- ADA accessible
- Lost & Found: Call (212) 306-5656
In an effort to make the Downtown Connection© even more useful, we have added global positioning system (GPS) technology to each shuttle bus. This technology allows riders to track the exact position of Downtown Connection buses in real time. (See dynamic map above)
Ten NextBus LED countdown clocks — at stops en route, update arrival times of the next two buses.
Riders can use smartphones or computers to determine the position of our buses. Just follow these simple directions:
Step 1. Go to www.nextbus.com/da
Step 2. Choose your stop to find out when the next bus will be arriving.
If you do not see buses on the map, it is most likely because there are no buses running at that time.