Who We Are
The mission of the Alliance for Downtown New York is to provide service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors.
The Downtown Alliance manages the Downtown-Lower Manhattan Business Improvement District (BID), serving an area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East River to West Street. As a BID, we provide the following:
- Supplemental security and sanitation
- Free transportation in Lower Manhattan
- Streetscape and design services
- Economic development advocacy
- Comprehensive research about Lower Manhattan
- Marketing and communication
- Special event programming
The Downtown Alliance is striving to make Lower Manhattan a wonderful place to live, work and play by creating a vibrant, multi-use neighborhood where businesses can prosper and the residential community can flourish.
- District Information - The Downtown Alliance serves the area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East River to West Street. Read More >>
- Membership Information - If you are a commercial property owner, commercial tenant, or a resident south of Chambers Street, we invite you to become a member of the Downtown Alliance. Read More >>
- Annual Reports and Audits - Read More >>